Webcast now available ON-DEMAND
Join renowned critical thinking expert Shelley Cohen, RN, MSN, CEN, for a 90-minute webcast for nurse managers, educators, and nursing professional development specialists about strengthening nursing staff’s critical thinking skills to improve patient outcomes.
This program will provide practical strategies for developing critical thinking skills in novice and experienced nurses. It will discuss how to foster an ongoing program that emphasizes critical thinking skills and how improved critical thinking can impact patient outcomes.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the relationship of critical thinking and patient outcomes
- Compare the assessment of critical thinking skills for both novice and experienced nurses
- Develop a plan that provides an opportunity to embrace real-time teaching moments
- Utilize strategies to successfully engage staff in critical thinking
- List at least three resources to assist in the ongoing development of critical thinking for nursing staff
I. What is critical thinking?
- Brief overview of how critical thinking relates to the nursing plan of care
II. Assessing critical thinking skills
- Novice nurses
- Experienced nurses
III. Engaging staff in critical thinking
- Applying knowledge at the bedside
- Embracing real-time teaching opportunities
- Relating patient outcomes to critical thinking
IV. Ongoing development of critical thinking in staff nurses
- Setting realistic goals for both novice and experienced nurses
- Sustaining momentum and engagement in critical thinking
- Online resources
- Sample outline of a CTS program
Who Should Listen:
Nurse managers, directors of education, educators, staff development specialists, registered nurses, chief nursing officers, directors of nursing, nursing coordinators/directors, clinical nurse specialists, clinical managers, and patient educators.
Meet the Speaker:
Shelley Cohen, RN, MSN, CEN, is the founder and president of Health Resources Unlimited. She has more than 15 years of experience teaching, mentoring, and coaching critical thinking skills. Cohen is the lead author of HCPro’s Critical Thinking book series and the coauthor of The Image of Nursing: Perspectives on Shaping, Empowering, and Elevating the Nursing Profession, A Practical Guide to Recruitment and Retention: Skills for Nurse Managers, and Core Skills for Nurse Managers: A Training Toolkit, all published by HCPro.
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The ON-DEMAND version is now available! Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times! $99 value!
- Participation in the webcast is just $99 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
California Board of Registered Nursing
HCPro is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide 1.8 nursing contact hours for the live webcast. California BRN Provider #CEP 14494.