Credentialing and Privileging: Tools to Tackle the Top Physician Leader Responsibilities - On-Demand
Webcast now available On-Demand
Monday, February 16, 2015
Mary J. Hoppa, MD, MBA
Sally Pelletier, CPMSM, CPCS
Mary Hoppa, MD, MBA, and Sally Pelletier, CPMSM, CPCS, take on issues that constantly test MSPs and physician leaders. The speakers will provide solutions to the top challenges facing medical staff leadership and MSPs alike:
- Confusion around best practice approaches for physician leadership, the medical executive committee, and the credentials committee
- Effective policies and procedures for preventing privileging disputes and reappointment challenges
- Documenting practitioner performance effectively
- Building communication and trust between the medical staff services department and physician leadership
Using case studies from the field, these two subject matter experts will dissect actual situations faced by medical staff leadership as well as MSPs and offer solutions to these nagging issues.
After this webcast you will be able to:
- Implement best practices for developing stronger physician leadership
- Build effective policies and procedures that cover new technology and procedures, and preempt privilege disputes and reappointment challenges
- Document practitioner performance for a range of purposes
- Foster collaboration between the medical staff services office and medical staff leadership to improve patient care, comply with accreditors and regulators, and boost patient safety
- Gain insight into physician leaders’ perspective on medical staff services issues
1. The confusion around best practice approaches for physician leadership, the medical executive committee, and the credentials committee
2. The importance of policies and procedures:
- Privileging for new technology/new procedures
- Privilege disputes
- Reappointment challenges
3. Documentation: Vital, but also considered onerous, extraneous, or “not my job”
4. The role of the medical executive committee and the credentials committee
- Tools for delineating roles and fostering communication between the medical staff services department and physician leadership
In addition to explaining the nuts and bolts of navigating these challenges, our speakers will include case studies and discuss challenges and solutions from both the physician’s and MSP’s perspective.
Meet the Speakers
Mary J. Hoppa, MD, MBA, is a senior consultant with The Greeley Company, Inc., in Danvers, Massachusetts. She brings more than 25 years of healthcare leadership and management experience to her work with physicians, hospitals, and healthcare organizations across the country. Her roles in hospital administration and medical staff leadership in academic and community hospital settings make her uniquely qualified to assist physicians and medical centers in developing effective solutions to their most significant challenges.
Sally Pelletier, CPMSM, CPCS, is an advisory consultant and the chief credentialing officer for The Greeley Company. She brings more than 20 years of credentialing and privileging experience to her work with medical staff leaders and MSPs across the nation. She advises clients in the areas of accreditation, regulatory compliance, credentialing, privileging, onboarding process simplification and redesign, and medical staff services department operations, and provides leadership and development training for medical staff leaders and MSPs.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.