CPT® Changes: An Insider’s View — 2017 (Spiral)
For a better understanding of the latest revisions to the CPT® code set, rely on the best-selling CPT® Changes 2017: An Insider’s View. Find the meaning behind all of the changes included in the AMA’s CPT® Professional Edition codebook. Invest in this annual publication and get the insider’s perspective into the CPT code set directly from the source—the American Medical Association.
In 2017, many CPT code changes will take effect. This edition of CPT Changes will explain changes throughout the entire code set, including the following areas with some of the most noteworthy changes: Bone Biopsy; Physical Medicine; Laryngeal; Mammography; Hemodialysis Access; Vaccines; Drug Testing;
Moderate Sedation and a new modifier and appendix for synchronous telemedicine services.
The new 2017 edition features a highly praised new format that includes:
- Larger page size and spiral binding
- Color-coded headings and tabs for easy navigation
- Four-color pages to parallel CPT Professional
- Two-column page layout for easier reading
- Enhanced rationales to communicate the reasons for — and the implications of — the changes
- Useful tables at the beginning of each section summarizing the code changes within that section
- Subject-code index for quick search and access to codes and procedures
Features and Benefits
- Organizational structure similar to the CPT codebook. Allows coders to easily conduct a side-by-side read of CPT® Changes with the CPT® Professional Edition codebook.
- Official AMA rationales. Provide a detailed explanation for the code or guideline change.
- Clinical examples, procedural descriptions and illustrations. Help explain the practical application for each change.
- At-a-glance summary table of 2017 changes in each section. Shows the extent to which the changes affect a particular specialty.
Published: November 2016