Reduced reimbursements are intensifying the focus on costs. But today’s healthcare leaders are getting beyond damaging wholesale budget cuts, finding new and better ways to rein in costs, including improved utilization and more efficient use of labor. This report identifies the prime targets and how data analytics can drive efforts to better align revenues and expenses.
With this NEW report, you'll learn answers to key strategic questions, such as:
- What are the top four areas where IT and analytics can improve revenue cycle efforts?
- How did Middlesex Hospital maximize cost savings by focusing on reducing clinical errors and improving patient safety?
- Which labor-related cost-cutting activity delivers top savings most often? (It’s not layoffs!)
- How did Tenet Healthcare Corp. use outpatient relative value unit (RVU) data to gauge productivity and set benchmarks for proper staffing levels?
- What are the greatest process-related cost savings areas?
- How did business office specialization and claim scrubbing enable Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital to achieve 98% clean claims?
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest cost-containment strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, anexclusive group of 6,500-plus healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, Middlesex Hospital, and Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in cost containment
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming quality strategies
Subscribe and save!
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all of the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.