Competency Assessment, 3rd Edition: A Practical Guide to the Joint Commission
Your one-stop competency compliance guide.
Competency Assessment remains among The Joint Commission’s top problematic standards. You need a resource that not only explains exactly how to comply with this perennial problem area but also provides real-time tools to evaluate competency.
To help you, we’ve updated our “must-have” competency assessment resource: Competency Assessment: A Practical Guide to the Joint Commission Standards, Third Edition. You’ll have the information and tools you need to achieve compliance. Population-specific competencies, ongoing assessment...we’ll help you comply!
We understand your need for more than just theorizing on the competency assessment standards. That’s why this edition of Competency Assessment focuses on ongoing competency and validating competency in accordance with Joint Commission standards. You get an easy-to-reference guide with the very best real-world strategies, the most useful forms, and the most practical tools you can incorporate into your own competency assessment program immediately, including:
- Sample Orientation Outline
- Competency Assessment Tool
- Sample Questions for Self-Assessment
- Six Steps to a Successful Competency
- Assessment Program
- Job Descriptions
- List of Questions Surveyors Might Ask
- Sample Population-Specific Components
- Two posters you can hang in your facility to make sure everyone is aware of your commitment to competency assessment
- Ongoing Competence Decision Tree
REAL-LIFE Case Study
One of the most useful features of Competency Assessment: A Practical Guide to the Joint Commission Standards, Third Edition, is a valuable real-life case study. You’ll learn how an Ohio hospital put one of the authors’ techniques into action, and how they benefited as a result.
This valuable resource includes a CD-ROM full of job descriptions and competency plans you can customize to meet your facility’s needs. This book and CD-ROM set is your perfect solution to competency assessment compliance. With your copy close at hand, you’ll:
• UNDERSTAND the intent of each Joint Commission standard and how best to comply and demonstrate compliance to surveyors
• LEARN how to assess competency, including population-served (age-specific) competencies
• CREATE effective strategies for carrying out ongoing competency assessments
• CUSTOMIZE the tools and techniques provided for your competency assessment program
• BENEFIT from knowing what to do with the results of your assessments
Your staff must be qualified to perform their job; your patients’ health— and lives—rest in their hands. Ensure a strong competency management system with this hands-on, how-to compliance guide.
Published: September 2008