Clarifications of the Most Common Joint Commission Safety Findings - On-Demand
Available ON-DEMANDPresented on:
Thursday, July 21, 2016
Brad Keyes, CHSP
Learn everything you need to know to stay ahead of Joint Commission surveyors.
During this program, expert speaker Brad Keyes, CHSP, will discuss the most commonly cited life safety and environment of care violations found when Joint Commission surveyors inspect hospitals. Joint Commission officials have expressed public frustration with what they say are repeated violations of crucial items such as fire safety, maintaining a sterile environment, means of egress, and proper documentation.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and eliminate life safety issues such as stained ceiling tiles, improperly stored medical gas cylinders, and potential ligature issues in behavioral health units
- Properly use CMS categorical waivers to help stay in compliance
- Eliminate corridor clutter in hospital suites
- Manage common infection control violations such as air pressure relationships, air exchange rates, temperature and humidity issues, and inappropriate workflow in central sterile processing departments
- Maintain proper means of egress for emergency evacuations
- Provide proper documentation to surveyors, including thorough life safety drawings and complete inventories of testing documentation
Who Should Attend?
- Facility managers
- Accreditation coordinators
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk management
- VPs of operations
- Safety officers
- Security officers
- Emergency nurses
- Facility supervisors
- Facility engineers
- Create and maintain a safe and functional environment
- Identify and eliminate ventilation and infection control issues
- Define means of egress and ensure you are in compliance
- Ensure proper inventory and maintenance of crucial fire safety equipment such as fire doors, alarms, and sprinkler systems
- Remediate ligature risks in behavioral health units
- File and organize detailed routine testing documentation
- Q&A (not live)
Meet the Speaker
Brad Keyes, CHSP, is the owner of Keyes Life Safety Compliance and has expertise in the management of the life safety program, including environment of care and emergency management programs. Keyes analyzes and develops leadership effectiveness and efficiency in work processes, focusing on assessing an organization’s preparedness for survey, evaluating processes in achieving preparedness, and guiding organizations toward compliance.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.