Coders' Desk Reference for Procedures — 2017
The Coders’ Desk Reference for Procedures is a comprehensive resource for all 2017 CPT® codes. This all-inclusive tool helps identify the minute differences between, and components of, similar CPT® codes.
You’ll code more accurately from operative reports and produce cleaner claims the first time by improving your understanding of the clinical meanings behind the codes and checking billing and coding information for Medicare.
Plus, this reference is ideal for training new coders and medical staff in the CPT® coding system.
Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive CPT® code listing with CPT® procedure lay descriptions. Eliminate the need for multiple resources with a one-stop resource of more than 8,000 CPT® codes and 6,000 lay descriptions for surgery, laboratory/pathology, radiology, and medicine codes.
- E/M code explanations. Discover the best ways to assign and document evaluation and management (E/M) codes.
- Billing and modifier definitions and usage rules. Reduce research time and improve coding accuracy with a complete modifier list, accompanied by narrative explanations to ensure proper use of modifiers and E/M codes.
- Surgical terms chapter. Define the components of surgical procedures, and break the terms into components to assist with code assignment.
- Procedure eponym crosswalk. Locate eponym definitions and code links in an alphabetically organized section.
- Reimbursement terms glossary. Understand terminology often used by payers with clear definitions.
- Abbreviation, acronym, symbol, prefix, and suffix tutorial. Learn ways to understand and use these valuable tools for more efficient CPT® coding.
- Anatomical illustrations. Recognize the body sites described in operative reports with helpful illustrations.
Published: December 2016