The CMS Restraint Training Requirements Handbook
Ensure compliance with CMS’ restraint guidelines!
Use of restraint and seclusion is fraught with difficulties and is therefore a top focus of CMS and other regulatory bodies.
Staff must be trained in the correct use of restraint and seclusion, and this handbook is a quick way to ensure they know the rules and how to apply them.
The CMS Restraint Training Requirements Handbook is sold in packs of 10 so you can easily train multiple employees. A perfect resource for your staff to reference on the go, the handbook covers everything they need to ensure they have the knowledge to safely use restraint and seclusion and follow all the CMS guidelines.
This book will help you:
- Administer the application of restraints
- Understand the implementation of seclusion
- Monitor patients in restraint/seclusion
- Properly assess patients in restraint/seclusion
- Provide care to restrained/secluded patients
Table of Contents:
- The Training Requirements
- Safe Application of Restraints
- Implementation of Seclusion
- Monitoring of Patients in Restraint/Seclusion
- Assessment of Patients in Restraint/Seclusion
- Providing Care for a Patient in Restraint or Seclusion
- Techniques to Identify Triggers of Circumstances That Require Use of Restraint or Seclusion
- Use of Nonphysical Intervention Skills
- Choosing the Least Restrictive Intervention
- Safe Application and Use of All Types of Restraint and Seclusion Used in Facility
- Clinical Identification of Specific Behavioral Changes That Indicate Restraint Is No Longer Needed
- Monitoring Physical Well-Being of Patient
- Use of First Aid Techniques and Certification in CPR Use
- Sample Competency Form 1
- Sample Competency Form 2
- Sample Competency Form 3
The HCPro Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee
If for any reason this product does not meet your needs, return it within 30 days and you will receive a prompt, polite, 100% refund—no questions asked. We guarantee it!
Published: January 2016