Chargemaster Updates for 2016: Challenges, Strategies, and Hot Topics - On-Demand
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Denise Williams, RN, COC, AHIMA ICD-10 Ambassador
Level of Program
2016 will require a significant number of coding updates, many of which will affect the chargemaster. Is your organization ready? Revenue cycle professionals responsible for chargemaster maintenance need to understand the latest changes to ensure continued billing compliance. Changes to packaging and bundling for services along with other 2016 updates are arriving soon—NOW is the time to develop strategies, implement the necessary changes, and review existing charges for your chargemaster.
During this on-demand program, our expert speaker Denise Williams, RN, COC, AHIMA ICD-10 Ambassador, will give an overview of all the 2016 code updates and other changes that will affect chargemaster maintenance in the coming year. She will also discuss a case study using comprehensive APCs to help participants understand the effects of CMS’ latest approach to outpatient hospital billing.
At the conclusion of this on-demand program, participants will be able to:
- List CPT/HCPCS code changes that may affect a chargemaster
- Explain the best-practice timing of chargemaster updates
- Identify departments besides HIM that are affected by chargemaster revisions
- Describe time-based vs. base fee + add-on chargemaster methodologies
- Recognize the effects of bundled payments and comprehensive APCs on chargemaster billing
Who should listen?
- Revenue cycle managers and directors
- Chargemaster maintenance professionals
- Billing and reimbursement staff
- Outpatient coders
- Compliance managers and directors
- HIM managers and directors
- Members of chargemaster committee
- C-suite (CFO, CEO, CMO, COO)
- Charge structure
- Revenue codes
- Timing of updates (e.g., end-of-year review)
- CPT®/HCPCS code updates that affect the chargemaster
- Departments affected (e.g., radiology, surgical, pharmacy)
- Soft-coding vs hard-coding
- Going beyond HIM
- Chargemaster structure
- Organization within charging methodologies (e.g., time-based vs. base fee + add-on)
- Relationship between cost and charges
- Case study using comprehensive APCs
- Q&A (not live)
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
(Live + On Demand) This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor. (CEH’s for this webcast expire on: 12/17/2016)
Meet the Speaker
Denise Williams, RN, COC, AHIMA ICD-10 Ambassador, is senior vice president of the revenue integrity division and compliance auditor at Revant Solutions (formerly Health Revenue Assurance Associates, Inc. (HRAA)) in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. She has more than 30 years of healthcare experience, including a background in multiple areas of nursing. For the past 20 years, Williams has been in the field of coding and reimbursement and has performed numerous E&M, OP surgical, ED, and observation coding chart reviews from the documentation, compliance, and reimbursement perspectives. She serves as a contributing author to articles published in HCPro’s APC Insider and Briefings on APCs and is a nationally recognized speaker on various coding and reimbursement topics.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $259 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $259 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.