Chapter Leader's Guide to Provision of Care
Practical Insight on Joint Commission Standards
Candace Smith , MPA, RN, NEA-BC
Quick, concise standard explanations for provision of care chapter leaders
The Chapter Leader’s Guide to Provision of Care is designed to examine and explain the Provision of Care standards for the busy professionals who are accountable for compliance. This book breaks down the complex Joint Commission Provision of Care standards into easy-to-understand solutions, including tools and techniques to help you focus on the important components of effective Provision of Care. The Provision of Care chapter is one of those rare sections of the standards that touches upon virtually every part of hospital life. From admission to discharge, patients’ journeys through your facility are guided by the Provision of Care standards to ensure the highest level of quality and safety. This book will provide expert advice to help chapter leaders not only meet the challenges put forward in these standards, but also help them to keep an eye on the overarching, high-level prize; the enormity of the PoC standards can sometimes obscure their actual goal: the best care possible for every patient.
Plus, to make staff training easy, this guide includes a downloadable PowerPoint® presentation highlighting key compliance takeaways.
Benefits of The Chapter Leader’s Guide to Provision of Care:
- Proactively manage how Provision of Care touches upon all aspects of patients’ visits, from the moment they arrive to the second they leave your facility—and even beyond by turning an eye to discharge planning.
- Help chapter leaders look past a line-by-line interpretation of the standards and instead concentrate on a practical perspective focused on a high-quality provision of care approach that meets the requirements of regulatory bodies
- Empower your chapter leaders to successfully navigate the survey process
- Create a culture of accountability by delegating survey-related responsibilities to staff members
- Get everyone in your facility on board with compliance
Table of Contents
- Driving Clinical excellence with use of the Provision of Care standards
Who will benefit?
Accreditation coordinator, accreditation specialist, survey coordinator, Joint Commission survey coordinator
Earn Continuing Education Credits
National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ)
This activity is pending approval by the National Association of Healthcare Quality for CE credits.
About the Author
Candace Smith, MPA, RN, NEA-BC, is senior vice president, chief nursing officer, and clinical program consultant for Medline Industries, Inc. She has been in health care for 31 years and her nursing career began in Buffalo, NY, at an 800-bed, level one trauma center as a surgical ICU nurse. She worked her way up to become nursing director of a 30-bed operating room department. After relocating to Rochester, NY, Smith worked in several nursing supervisory roles, ultimately becoming vice president and chief nursing officer. Her responsibilities included oversight of all of nursing, pharmacy, diagnostic imaging services, surgical services, infection prevention, wound care services, OP walk in care center, acute care, family birthing center, interventional services, and endoscopy services. She worked in this role until her current position at Medline.
Faculty Disclosure Statement: HCPro Inc. has confirmed that none of the faculty/presenters or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
Published: September 2012