Changing How We Care Plan: Best Practices for Resident Quality Outcomes in Long-Term Care - On-Demand
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
1:00–2:30 p.m. Eastern
Debbie Ohl, RN, NHA, M.Msc, PhD
Long, complicated, computer-generated care plans aren’t doing your staff any favors—they’re too bulky to be functional. Join our program to learn how to create a compliant care plan that smoothly integrates into the care process and reflects a true, individualized, resident-focused plan of care.
During this program, expert speaker Debbie Ohl, RN, NHA, M.Msc, PhD, will show you how to make team- and resident-centered care plans and how to develop strategies to ensure leadership and team buy-in. She will also explain how to create user-friendly, person-driven, compliant care plans.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in their current care plan system
- Determine the benefits and challenges of changing current care plan methodology and why it is necessary
- Review a specific care plan format that meets regulatory demands, simplifies care plan development, and acts as a reference for staff
- Identify the steps to transition their care plans to real-world, usable formats
- Benefits and risks of computer-generated care plans
- Auditing your care plan for efficiency, compliance, and ease of use
- Paper compliance versus actual use of the care plan
- Adapting plans based on person-centered wants and needs
- Ensuring team and leadership buy-in
- Live Q&A
- Care plan cheat sheet
- 10 care plan must-haves
- CAAs and care plan application
Meet the Speaker
Debbie Ohl, RN, NHA, M.Msc, PhD, is the owner of Ohl & Associates, a long- term care consulting firm and an industry expert in rules and regulations affecting the nursing home industry. Her areas of expertise include clinical assessment and care planning, survey compliance, problem/need analysis, operational and organization restructuring, education and training on standards of care, clinical guidelines, and personnel development.
As a nationally recognized expert, Ohl has presented for many prestigious organizations, including the National Institute for Health, the American College of Nursing Home Administrators, the National Health Care Lawyers Association, and numerous healthcare organizations and nursing facilities throughout the country.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.