Challenging Classic Paradigms in Revenue Integrity - On-Demand
March 22, 2017
Valerie A. Rinkle, MPA,
Elizabeth Lamkin, MHA, ACHE
Level of Program:
As hospitals and health systems increase their focus on revenue integrity, those healthcare professionals involved in meeting this goal need to ensure their efforts are effective, efficient, and comprehensive.
Join expert speakers Valerie A. Rinkle, MPA, and Elizabeth Lamkin, MHA, ACHE, as they challenge the classic paradigms in revenue integrity. They will help participants understand contemporary approaches to ensuring revenue integrity, explain the use of patient portals and electronic health records, discuss strategies for chargemaster use and maintenance, and go over how to create an organization wide revenue integrity plan.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe contemporary approaches to ensuring revenue integrity throughout front-end, middle, and back-end revenue cycle functions
- Explain how electronic health records and patient portals can be used to help ensure revenue integrity
- Identify strategies for chargemaster use and maintenance
- Describe how to create a SMART organization wide plan for revenue integrity
- Understand new functions and roles necessary for revenue integrity
Who Should Listen?
- Revenue integrity managers and staff
- Revenue cycle managers and staff
- Chargemaster coordinators
- Patient financial services management and staff
- Finance managers and staff
- HIM directors and managers
- Coding directors and managers
- Compliance officers, directors, and managers
- UR/UM managers and staff
- Hospital leaders
- Physician advisors
- Patient advocacy/experience coordinators
- Classic versus evolving revenue integrity issues throughout the revenue cycle
- Front-end functions (patient access)
- Middle functions (including coding, CDI, utilization review, and case management)
- Back-end functions (patient financial services)
- Tools in the revenue integrity toolbox
- EHRs and patient portals
- Chargemaster strategies
- Managing quarterly and annual updates
- Creating a SMART organization wide revenue integrity plan
- Obtaining clinician buy-in (including focus groups and chart review)
- Department-specific education tactics
- Optimizing communication
- Live Q&A
(Live + On Demand) This program has been approved for 1.5 continuing education unit towards fulfilling the requirements of the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) certification, offered as a service of the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS). (Ability to claim CEU’s for this webcast expire on: 03/22/2018)
(Live + On Demand) -This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor. (Ability to claim CEH’s for this webinar expires on: 03/21/2018)
(Live + On Demand) - This program has been approved for 1.5 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor. (Ability to claim CEU’s for this webinar expires on: 03/21/2018)
Meet the Speakers
Valerie A. Rinkle, MPA, is a lead regulatory specialist and an instructor for HCPro's Medicare Boot Camp®—Revenue Integrity and Chargemaster Version, Medicare Boot Camp®—Utilization Review Version, and Medicare Boot Camp®—Hospital Version. Rinkle is a former hospital revenue cycle director and has over 30 years in the healthcare industry, including over 12 years of consulting experience in which she has spoken and advised on effective operational solutions for compliance with Medicare coverage, payment, and coding regulations.
Elizabeth Lamkin, MHA, ACHE, CEO of PACE Healthcare Consulting, specializes in system development, quality, and billing compliance. Throughout her career, Lamkin has achieved numerous recognitions for quality as well as patient, staff, and physician satisfaction. She is a nationally known speaker and author. She has her BA IS degree, cum laude, and a Master of Healthcare Administration from the University of South Carolina.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $259 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $259 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.