Cardiovascular Coding: Achieve Success with the Latest ICD-10-CM/PCS Codes
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
1:00-2:30 p.m. Eastern
Laura Legg, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer
Valerie Fernandez, MBA, CCS, CPC, CIC, CPMA, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer
Level of Program:
With the addition of thousands of new ICD-10-CM/PCS code combinations for reporting cardiovascular diagnoses and procedures for fiscal year 2017, coders must be aware of additional anatomical and clinical details to report the most appropriate code.
During this 90-minute webcast, Laura Legg, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, and Valerie Fernandez, MBA, CCS, CPC, CIC, CPMA, will review the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system and review difficult ICD-10-CM/PCS codes and coding guidelines. Through case studies and examples, the speakers will provide coders with details they need to look for in documentation to code and bill compliantly.
At the conclusion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy, physiology, and terminology associated with the cardiovascular system
- Determine the correct ICD-10-CM/PCS code for cardiovascular system diagnoses and procedures
- Apply ICD-10-CM/PCS coding guidelines when reporting cardiovascular diagnoses and procedures
Who Should Listen?
- Inpatient coders
- CDI specialists and managers
- Coding managers
- Denials/appeals management staff
- Revenue cycle staff
- Utilization management staff
- HIM managers and staff
- Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
- Clinical terminology associated with the cardiovascular system
- ICD-10-CM cardiovascular coding
- Major changes in ICD-10-CM
- Review of codes and definitions for hypertensive crisis
- Coding Guideline #15
- “With” and the cardiovascular system
- Other relevant guideline changes and updates
- ICD-10-PCS cardiovascular coding
- Major changes in ICD-10-PCS
- Guideline changes and updates
- Root operation updates for the heart and great vessels
- Case studies involving procedures
- Aortic valve replacement
- Left heart catheterization
- Atrial septal defect repair
- Live Q&A
Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS/CCDS)
(Live + On Demand) - This program has been approved for 1.5 continuing education units towards fulfilling the requirements of the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) certification, offered as a service of the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS).
(Ability to claim CEU’s for this webinar expires on: 05/02/2018)
Meet the Speakers
|Laura Legg, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer, is the director of HIM optimization at Healthcare Resource Group in Spokane Valley, Washington. She has more than 25 years of experience in HIM, including critical access hospitals, large hospitals, and a major health system.|
Valerie Fernandez, MBA, CCS, CPC, CIC, CPMA, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer, is the manager of coding program development at H.I.M. ON CALL. Fernandez has an MBA from Drexel University and possesses over 20 years of progressive healthcare management experience. Her responsibilities have included analyzing the financial impact, training, and support for physicians, hospital staff, and affiliated physician practices. Fernandez is a PhD candidate in public service leadership with a concentration in healthcare administration.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $259 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $259 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.