With the industry’s attention to population health and care collaboration, healthcare providers are incented to avoid hospital admissions and provide cardio care in less costly settings. This report reveals how cardio service lines are evolving to support prevention, expand offerings, and maintain healthy margins.
In this NEW report, gain insights into key strategies and spending plans, such as the following:
- Healthcare leaders now rank prevention (62%) and wellness (54%) as their top cardio service priorities, displacing outpatient and inpatient services.
- Cardio care is a significant and growing margin contributor: Seventy-six percent report positive margin from cardio, and 66% expect it to increase in the next three years.
- More health systems than independent hospitals (55% vs. 39%) are seeking to position their cardio service lines as regional destination centers.
- Remote monitoring equipment represents the No. 1 technology providers are adding to improve cardio patient care while reducing costs.
- Nearly half of health systems (48%) expect to add hybrid operating rooms over the next three years, further setting their cardio programs apart from those of independent hospitals.
This report is part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power series, the premier source for original, timely data on healthcare purchasing trends and projections drawn from surveys of more than 6,000 healthcare leaders–plus independent expert analysis and real-world case studies.
What's that worth to your business? Consider these facts:
- 90% of our 6,000-member research panel influence the purchase of your products and services
- They average $125 million of spend influence
Turn to Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power to find out what healthcare executives are thinking and:
- Target influencers by market size, region, setting, and organizational size
- Size up current market trends in healthcare purchasing
- Identify emerging sales opportunities
- Track the latest trends and best practices in healthcare delivery
- Access in-depth data directly related to each healthcare product and service segment
- Gauge the purchasing behavior of different segments and regions of the healthcare market
- Create more targeted and effective marketing, sales, and business development strategies