Benchmarking Your Peer Review Program: Applying Best Practices and Removing Barriers to Success - On-Demand
Thursday, October 06, 2016
Robert J. Marder, MD
Level of Program:
Revise your peer review processes with best-practice guidance from expert speaker Robert J. Marder, MD. Through case studies, Dr. Marder will provide examples and solutions from organizations around the nation who have successfully revised their peer review programs. This 90-minute webcast offers benchmarking guidance to measure internal peer review processes and implement proven solutions.
Attendees will learn how to implement multi-specialty peer review, identify barriers impacting peer review programs, develop reporting to the medical executive committee, and create a positive peer review culture.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Apply best practices for implementing multi-specialty peer review
- Identify barriers affecting the efficiency and effectiveness of their peer review program
- Develop a quantitative report for the medical executive committee and the board for peer review
- Educate physician leaders on their role in creating a positive peer review culture
Who Should Attend?
- Medical staff professionals
- Medical staff coordinators
- Medical staff services directors
- Medical staff services managers
- Credentials coordinators
- Credentials specialists
- Quality directors
- Quality managers
- Peer review committee chairs
- Medical executive committee chairs
- Department/division/service line chairs
- Chief medical officers
- Vice presidents of quality affairs
- The impact of implementing multi-specialty peer review in individual and multihospital systems
- What is multi-specialty peer review?
- Why do medical staffs choose the multi-specialty peer review model?
- Individual hospitals
- Multihospital systems
- Ambulatory care facilities
- What is the role of physician leaders?
- What are the benefits to risk management and patient safety?
- Case studies
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of your peer review program
- Benchmarking for case review
- Benchmarking for OPPE
- Reporting peer review to the medical executive committee and governing board
- Case studies
- Continued challenges for case review and OPPE
- Lessons learned from 15 years of peer review redesign
Meet the Speaker
Robert J. Marder, MD, is president of Robert J. Marder Consulting, LLC. Marder brings more than 30 years of healthcare leadership, management, and consulting experience to his work with physicians, hospitals, and healthcare organizations nationwide. A highly respected speaker, consultant, and author, he has assisted hundreds of hospital medical staffs evaluate and improve their approach to peer review and physician performance measurement. Marder is a former consultant with The Greeley Company, Inc., in Danvers, Massachusetts.
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Two days prior to the webcast, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.