Reduce Avoidable Rehospitalizations: Protect Your SNF’s Reimbursement and Star Rating - On-Demand
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Reginald Hislop III, PhD
Level of Program:
The new quality measures are out, and there is a renewed emphasis on reducing the risk of avoidable hospitalizations and readmissions. Across a number of regulatory elements beginning this year, hospitalization and readmission rates from SNFs will be measured and ultimately factored into the SNF landscape via reimbursement penalties and star ratings.
During this program, expert speaker Reginald Hislop III, PhD, will discuss how to navigate through the latest regulatory updates to avoid penalties and star rating losses that can come from costly readmissions. Hislop will review how to identify readmission risk, detail best practices to improve care, and provide insider tips and tools.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the steps that lead to readmissions and what can be done to lessen or eliminate the risk
- Increase their awareness of the tools available to reduce the risk of readmissions
- Use best practices to improve care coordination
- Know which key elements produce readmissions and how to limit or remove them, including medication reconciliation, care conference structure/strategy, care pathways, disease management programs, and communication tools
Who Should Attend?
- Directors of nursing
- QA staff
- Admission/discharge coordinators
- Social workers responsible for admission/discharge tasks
- MDS coordinators
- Nurse supervisors
- MDS coordinators
- The SNF environment and how VBP (value-based purchasing), star ratings, bundled payments, and reimbursement will be adversely impacted by rehospitalizations
- The continued expansion of rehospitalizations and care coordination scrutiny
- The reputational and marketing impacts tied to rehospitalizations, and how they cause reductions in market share
- The operational costs associated with rehospitalizations (paper, compliance, staff, payment recalibration, etc.)
Meet the Speaker
Reginald M. Hislop III, PhD, is managing partner and CEO of H2 Healthcare, LLC. Before forming H2, Hislop served for 24 years as the CEO of Wisconsin’s largest specialized health system (top 50 largest nationally) and then as the managing partner of a national healthcare advisory group in partnership with Grubb & Ellis, specializing in mergers/acquisitions, capital development, and financial/corporate development. Hislop has 30 years of executive experience in the development, operations, and financing of all aspects of healthcare, with particular experience in postacute care. In addition to his work at H2, he serves as a consultant on health policy and reimbursement for the New York investment banking firm of DeMatteo Monness. Hislop also provides policy and reimbursement guidance to the Transitional Healthcare Consortium and for clients of the Gerson Lehrman Group, and is a consulting member of the 10eqs knowledge network.
Hislop holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in finance, a Master of Arts in Applied Mathematics and Quantitative Sciences, and a Doctor of Philosophy in Macro-Economics.
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webcast, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.