Assigning E/M Categories: Core Training for Physician Practice Coders - On-Demand
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Peggy S. Blue, MPH, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CEMC
Evaluation and management (E/M) coding is a challenge for many coders, but ensuring accurate code selection begins here. This webcast will provide core education for physician practice billing and coding professionals who need to get up to speed on the basics of E/M coding, and will focus on the crucial first step of code category selection.
Bring your entire team to this program as our expert speaker Peggy S. Blue, MPH, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CEMC, explains the basics of physician E/M code categories, including outpatient visits, time-based codes, and determining new vs. established patients—all of which will help ensure accurate E/M code assignment at your practice.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Determine the appropriate E/M category to report according to clinical circumstances
- Identify new patients vs. established patients
- Describe the 2015 updates to the E/M categories
- Select the appropriate E/M category for time-based services
Who Should Listen
- Physician practice coders
- Physician practice billers
- Practice managers
- Practice administrators
- Office managers
- Physicians and non-physician practitioners who bill E/M codes
- Foundations of E/M coding, including Medicare-specific guidelines
- Category selection, including but not limited to:
- Office/other outpatient
- Domiciliary, rest home, custodial care
- Home services
- Hospital observation and inpatient
- Nursing facility services
- Admit and discharge on the same date
- ED services and critical care
- Prolonged services and standby services
- Newborns (e.g., normal newborns, intensive care, delivery, critical care transport)
- Basic life/disability services
- Work-related/medical disability
- Care plan oversight (home, home health, hospice, nursing facility)
- Non-face-to-face services (e.g., telephone services, online medical evaluation, interprofessional consults)
- Care management
- Q&A (not live)
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor. These credits expire on 07/13/16.
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor. These credits expire on 07/13/16.
Meet the Speaker
Peggy S. Blue, MPH, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CEMC, is the lead instructor for the Medicare Boot Camp®—Professional Services Version as well as an instructor for the Certified Coder Boot Camp (live and online) and the Evaluation and Management Boot Camp. She also is an instructor for all of the ICD-10-CM/PCS-related educational courses (live and online). Prior to joining HCPro, Blue oversaw the development, implementation, dissemination, and reporting of information related to Medicare professional services training efforts for Highmark Medicare Services.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.