Ambulatory and outpatient care can be a great way to increase patient visits, grow market share, and generate substantial revenue—but only if you follow the industry’s direction of providing broader access, delivering care with greater efficiency, and treating patients as consumers. This report uncovers the strategies and tactics that can make it work for you.
Get answers to key strategic questions:
- How did Borgess Health build a new $29.6 million ambulatory health park that’s already producing a positive margin and pushing outpatient revenues above 50%?
- What are the challenges—and lessons—brought on by big-box retailers’ entry into healthcare, particularly related to treating patients as consumers?
- How has UPMC reduced its cost structure to support ambulatory care efficiency by renegotiating supply chain contracts, reconsidering appropriate staffing levels, and working more closely with its physicians?
- Why are access to care, the need to coordinate care across the continuum, and the ability to provide more efficient care are now as vital to market-share growth as maximizing the acute care referral base?
- How did Jupiter Medical Center succeed in applying a retail business model to determining the location, staffing, compensation, and service offerings of its new urgent care center?
- How is UPMC building a network of ambulatory urgent care and community outpatient facilities that target specific needs, such as children’s health and sports medicine?
- How was Jupiter Medical Center able to build an urgent care center, achieving double-digit revenue growth without cannibalizing business from its nearby medical center?
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest outpatient and ambulatory care strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 8,000 healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Borgess Health, Jupiter Medical Center, and UPMC
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in outpatient and ambulatory care
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming strategies for executive compensation
Click here to subscribe and save. You won't miss a single report on these key topics:
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all of the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.