The Approved 2012 Life Safety Code®: What You Need to Know - On-Demand
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Brad Keyes, CHSP
In a highly anticipated move, CMS has officially adopted the 2012 edition of the Life Safety Code® (LSC). This move is expected to significantly affect the regulations that hospitals and other healthcare facilities are held to. Healthcare providers impacted by the change must comply with all regulations by July 5—60 days from the publication date of the rule in the Federal Register.
But there’s no reason to panic. We’re here to help you navigate through these changes and arm you with the knowledge and tools you need.
During this program, expert speaker Brad Keyes, CHSP, will explain how the new LSC regulations will impact your accrediting organization, help you implement a plan, and inform you of the testing and inspection requirements you need to know before the July 5 compliance deadline.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Realize that CMS’ final rule did not endorse everything in their proposed rule
- Learn that there will be a delay in enforcing the new 2012 Life Safety Code by your Accreditation Organization
- Understand that the new 2012 Life Safety Code will have changes that will effect how the facility is managed
- Implement a plan to address those changes
- Understanding CMS’ final rule on the adoption of the 2012 LSC
- How the changes to the 2012 LSC affect the organization that accredits you
- Changes in the testing and inspection requirements of fire safety systems
- Information regarding compliance requirements, including the July 5 effective deadline
- How soon your accrediting organization will be enforcing the requirements of the 2012 LSC
- Q&A (not live)
Who Should Attend
- Facility managers
- Accreditation coordinators
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk management
- VP operations
- Safety officers
- Security officers
- Emergency nurses
- Facility supervisors
- Facility engineers
Meet the Speaker
Brad Keyes, CHSP, is the owner of Keyes Life Safety Compliance and has expertise in managing life safety programs, including environment of care and emergency management programs. Keyes analyzes and develops leadership effectiveness and efficiency in work processes, focusing on assessing an organization’s preparedness for survey, evaluating processes in achieving preparedness, and guiding organizations toward compliance.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.